Asbestos

Yesterday didn't invlove any swimming, cycling or running, but that doesn't mean I didn't get a work out. Instead I spent the day getting up tiles and they weren't easy. After a few hours on the jack hammer and crowbar I was wishing we hadn't ever decided to do some renovations. This morning I've woken up aching all over. I am discovering some muscles I had previously forgetten about. Just goes to show no matter how fit you are, if you do something you're not used to, the body soon lets you know about it.

Part way through lifting the tiles, surrounded in dust, Giggles stopped and said, "Uh oh, I think we have a problem." I looked over at where she was pointing. There was a pile of tiles, upside down, and there was one word visible on the backing. ASBESTOS. Fan-bloody-tastic. I've just spent the last few hours working with asbestos, I thought.

False alarm. On closer inspection, it said NOT MANUFACTURED WITH ASBESTOS. Much better for our health.

Its now time for my long run. The sun looks like it trying wake up, think I'll try for the same.


"The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat." - Bill Squires

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive