Are You Allergic To Nuts, Eggs or Bird Feathers?

Today everything is fitting into place. I woke up a few minutes before my alarm was meant to go off, which was a good thing, because I had the volume turned down, so I wouldn't have heard it. It felt a bit too warm for 6am, so I checked to see if I'd left the heater on over night. I hadn't. The temperature outside was already 15 degrees, much better than the 5 or 6 on most recent mornings. I put on my run gear, had a quick drink and it was out the door for a threshold run in the fog.

I love running in fog, for some reason I feel faster. Maybe it's because I can't see far ahead and my view is distorted. I followed the local creek trail and was surprised by the number of other people out running or walking. At least twice as many as usual. It makes a big difference when it's warmer. I finished the run feeling energised and ready for a quick session on the weights. The cats decided to join me, but I don't think jumping on my stomach during a bench press is such a good idea.

A quick breakfast, make sure I had all my food prepared from last night ready for work. A clean of the dishes and kitchen, (builder coming today to start on the kitchen), change of cat litter, shower and ready for work. So far work has been pretty good, no particularly hard jobs today, mainly just straight forward transports to hospital, we've had our meal breaks on time and I've even had my influenza vaccination. I'm feeling very productive.


"First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you." - Rob Gilbert

Comments

  1. mate - that's too much productivity for one day. I'm exhausted reading it.

    you need to train the cats to do the washing up while you're out

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat loves sleeping on the seat of my rowing machine, strange creature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive