Waiver

I just submitted my entry for my next race, the Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run: 10km (rolls right off the tongue). While the waiver isn't isn't as involved as those associated with some longer race (such as Ironman triathlons), this time it actually caught my attention. Apparently I agree to...

"...waive all and any claim, right or action which I or they might have for and arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in..."

Sounds like an extreme event when put that way. To me a 10km fun run just doesn't seem to pose more of a threat to life than travelling to the event itself.

Comments

  1. They might be worried you run off course into the bay and get eaten by a shark ;)

    Watch out for those P-platers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive