Not Like Winter

The mornings are now getting colder and darker. Not anything like winter, at least it is still dry, but the temperature is now down into the single digits. It feels nice to walk out in, the air is still and there is that feeling that the day is going to warm up into something perfect for training. Unfortunately it is already cold enough to affect my Raynaud's. I've mentioned it a few times before, but this morning I have a long ride planned. In regard to trying to maintain some sort of blood flow to my fingers I have to delay the start until the temperature has climbed into double figures. Yes I wear thermals, windbreakers, other warm gear, gloves, double and even triple glove, but when temperature drops below 10 degrees, none of this can save my fingers.

Already I am missing summer, and the weather today is so not anything like winter.

Comments

  1. Reading this is reminding me of what is coming around the next bend, don't worry we'll look after summer for you and send her on her way back when we're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be doing rides starting at 1pm! Have you tried ski mits? Having the fingers together helps with warmth. Some motorcyclists use them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive