Rainbows

I didn't feel too great training over the last couple of days. First up I just put it down the drinking on ANZAC day, but yesterday I really felt flat. When Giggles got home last night she complained about how freezing the house was, but I had been surprised at house hot it was. Thinking I may have a fever.

According to my schedule, I was meant to run a VO2 session on the track. That definitely wasn't going to happen. I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode, which soon eased up after I cleared my nose and sinuses. Instead I opted just for an easy 8km on the local trail and this turned out to be the better option. By the end of the run I was feeling better than when I woke up. There was a large rainbow across the sky this morning, but instead of appreciating its beauty, I found myself looking at where the yellow changes to green and wondering which part of is the same colour as my snot.

I now only have two days left of my first 12 day cycle, so I'll just take it easy and hopefully be fully recovered to start the cycle. I'm not that unwell by any stretch of the imagination, but based on past experiences, if I don't get on top of it now, it will be harder to shake later on. Good excuse for an easy couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive