Only 369 Days To Go


Yesterday was my first day (officially) of getting back into Ironman training. It was a simple plan, an easy one hour on the bike, just rolling the legs over in the morning, then a short dip in the pool. I got the bike in no problem. Funny how my legs felt like they couldn't remember what to do. I think they were saying "hey, this isn't running, what do you expect us to do on this thing?" Anyway, I enjoyed my first ride.


As I was about to leave for the pool I got called into work for a night shift. No time for the swim, and this was meant to be a day off work. At least there's fourteen hours of overtime to go towards my race fees. Day one and I already have to accept a missed workout.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Comments

  1. your quote a crowd favourite from my vantage point

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive