Hungry

I'm struggling with food. Not with eating too much, mainly just not enough quality and sometimes just not enough. The problem is partly related to my work. Currently I'm working 12 hour days if I finish on time, and lately I haven't been finishing on time.

On a typical work day I'm up at 6am, get my training gear, my work gear and food for the day then head off for a training session. I'm in at work by 8:30 where I shower, change and eat breakfast with the mandatory cup of coffee. Then it's work time from 9am to 9pm, which means I have all my meals at work. This is easier said than done too. Meal breaks are a big issue in the ambulance service because they are often interrupted or we just don't get them. Not the best situation for someone trying to eat well to sustain a consistent training program.

I planned on preparing my food the night before each shift, but lately with working until 11 or 12 at night, I've been getting home very tired and have been lazy in this regard. I think I need a different plan. Maybe the solution will be to cook up, and package a few days worth of meals on my last day off. Then I just need to grab a bag out of the fridge and freezer each morning. Not sure if I can stick to that, but I'll give it a go over the next couple of weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive