Street O: Wheelers Hill

A straightforward race. Arrived in reasonable time, had a good warm up, then it was race time. I picked an okay route, but realised with hindsight I could have cut a couple of minutes off my time with a better selection through the first few controls. For the rest I managed to work out a pathway early on and never saw a reason to change it. This made it feel almost like a normal running race instead of orienteering. Soon enough I handed in my card with a few minutes to spare, but there were also quite a few finished before me.

Started my cool down I realised by left Achilles tendon was stinging. Checking it revealed a nice cut and blister bleeding into my shoe. Nothing too bad. It just will cause a bit of grief over a couple of days I think. Funny how I never seem to notice these things during the race itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive