Just Right

There is something empowering in knowing that you are going to complete your morning run well before the sun even hints at rising. Maybe it's knowing you are completing something that most people do not attempt. Maybe it's something to add to my list of things for people to call me crazy in such a way I take it as a complement. Maybe it's feeling like I've achieved something constructive before many people have left their beds, or even returned home from a night out. Whatever the reason, once I get past the initial blur of turning off my alarm, putting on the run gear and heading out the door, everything just seems to fall into place.

Naturally it was a cold morning. I've finally come to accept the fact that the morning temperature is still some time away from double figures. Something that made this morning's run that bit more enjoyable was the sky was clear allowing an uninterrupted view of the stars and also for the moon to provide some extra light. When running before dawn my routes are usually limited so I can have a little bit of light to give me an idea on where my feet are landing. The moonlight this morning was enough to allow me to head away from the built up areas and cruise some trails I usually avoid in the dark.

Some runs just feel right, and this was one of them. It wasn't anything hard or taxing, just a simple one hour, easy aerobic jaunt over some undulating trails. The kind of run you finish feeling like you have more energy than when you started.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Comments

  1. That's fantastic! Congrats on a great run.

    You have me wishing for colder weather, but I know it will be here soon enough. Then, I'll be cursing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive