A Lazy Ten


As part of my last preparation for the R4tK next Sunday, I aimed to do a low-key 10K race today. I chose the Sri Chinmoy event at the Yarra Boulevard. The post race pancakes was definitely my motivation. Giggles was working, and I didn't bother asking anyone else to come. I wasn't expecting a particularly fast race since I had a very heavy week of running leading into it. So I was surprised to be greeted by BigD when I arrived.


It turned out to be a perfect day for a race. Nice crisp, clear and sunny morning, a well organised event, and I ended up pulling out my best 10K time in over a year (38:37). Looks like I'm on track to go under 60min next Sunday.


Also managed to catch up with a few people I haven't seen in a while. This was BigD's first race this year, and of course he is more than pleased with the happy snap I got of him hurting over the last few 100 metres. Smile!




"Eating a vegetarian diet, walking (exercising) everyday, and meditating is considered radical. Allowing someone to slice your chest open and graft your leg veins in your heart is considered normal and conservative." - Dean Ornish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive