Better Feet

The first week of training in 2012 has been completed. Essentially it was nothing overly exciting. Nothing was overly hard. In fact it felt a bit too easy. What I am happy with is I got in every planned run and strength session. None of the extras like swimming or cycling found their way in. Comfortable consistency is exactly where I should be at this stage. I just need to keep that going.

Beyond just getting the running kilometers covered I've been back for some podiatry assessment. It's been overdue for a while, plus I have been aware that my running biomechanics have been changing to the point I didn't think my current orthotics and shoe selection have been working well for.

My suspicions were heading in the right direction. An advantage of having your sister as a podiatrist is there were no time constraints. After some very thorough assessment and discussion I am pretty excited about the outcome. It looks like I can ditch the orthotics and move away from the stability shoes. My running has improved in more ways than just faster times over the last few years.

Now I can have the enjoyment of working my way through light weight neutral shoes without worrying about removing insoles and fitting in some carbon orthotics. Time for some shoe shopping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive