Only Way Is West

For some reason I enjoy getting to landmarks or other points of interest when out running. Often that includes the top of hills where you are rewarded with a view for the hard effort on the way up. Byron Bay offers two such points. The most eastern point of mainland Australia, and the lighthouse. Both are preceded by some substantial climbs and with spectacular views.

These landmarks are becoming a regular feature as I my main run incorporates two laps of the lighthouse circuit. Each lap is 3.7km involving plenty of steep climbs with stairs. Some flat running in the warm up and cool down along the beach paths brings me up to an hour worth on my feet. It's times like this I really reconsider why I don't live right on the coast.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive