Meat & Potatoes

Run. ride and swim long and steady. Keep strong. Do a bit of faster stuff. Recover and absorb the training, without long gaps in between. Be consistent. The more I learn about training, the more it comes back to this. It's simple.

Now I have a lot less free time, the luxury of analysing everything down to the metre, second and heart beat is no longer there. The good news, is I am not missing going over every detail of training. The better news is I don't think it will make much difference. It just comes back to getting in a good amount of appropriate work.

On paper the routine may look boring, but I am enjoying the basics. The enjoyment of training has certainly risen to the surface again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive