Better Than Fiction

Christmas is just a strange time of year. For some time I could take it or leave it. Having my own kids has rekindled excitement in the season. Because the celebration goes over Christmas day and Boxing day I now take that as two definite days without training.

Instead of exercising I fill those two days with the all sorts that comes with the silly season. The obvious was food, drink, presents and family. The not so regular was working night shift. Definitely one of the busiest nights of the year. It is a time of extremes. The most common extreme was the amount of alcohol consumed and all the joys that brings in it's various forms.





After a partially successful focus on trying to catch up on sleep I have since put in a handful of good training sets. Now I just need to keep lining them up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive