Running

After the false training start, I took a few more days off. Ate more food, drank plenty and finished off the last my non-training lifestyle. Even so, I still snuck in a couple of runs. I needed to get my head around what I wanted to achieve in training, plus needed another reminder of what it is like not living my usual healthier life.

I'll give myself about a two week break-in period which will include running most days. I'll stick in a local 10km race, a longer run and maybe something else faster, but the rest will be around steady aerobic and as long as I feel. In between I throw in some strength training, a couple of bike rides and a swim or two. Once I get an idea on how my body is responding, then I'll nut out a more structured plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive