Here's the plan for the next few days:
- Bike 2:00 @ 70-80%HRmax, undulating terrain, focussing on steady speed using good gear changes
- Bike 3:30 @ 60-80%HRmax, mixed terrain. Swim easy
- Bike 4:00 @ 60-80%HRmax, mixed terrain. Weights
- Brick 4:00 split as 3:00 Bike undulating terrain -> 1:00 Run @ predicted IMpace
- Bike 2:00 @ 70-80%HRmax
- SBR for 8:00 split as approximately 0:45 Swim, 6:00 Bike, 1:15 Run easy pace
All that should be a descent stimulus for the cycling muscles. Bearing in mind that it is blocked training at similar intensities I am expecting to require 2-3 days of recuperation in order to absorb the workload. It is an approach I have used in the past with some success, but much closer to races in order to get race fit quickly. This is the first time I have tried it so far out. I am hoping it will provide the boost for my cycling that I require in order to meet my race goals. If it proves too much of a load, at least I have enough time to recover.