Not Enough, But Plenty

I'm now on my second extra night shift in a week. As a result I've had to cut a few training sessions. Three weeks out from the half ironman is not the time to start burning the candle at both ends. With the reduction in volume, I've had to change the format of training. Instead of the continuing on with over distance work on the bike and run combined with threshold workouts, I've taken to moderate distance race pace efforts combined with some VO2max intervals. In short I am aiming to be efficient at race pace, while ensuring my body still gets some high end work that doesn't leave me too fatigued.

The training days feel almost too easy. Hopefully this feeling transfers to race day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive