Kilometres

I've been through a couple of weeks of rebuild. Definitely far from high mileage. A collection of technique work, hill plyometrics and intervals with plenty of recovery, plus a lot of tissue manipulation and stretching. Looks like I've ironed a few problems and built back a bit of structural conditioning and strength.

Now it's time to get right back into what I consider proper running. Now it's about getting in lots of kilometres. So the challenge is to build the aerobic engine, increase workload tolerance while still keeping development of speed and strength reasonable. Consistency will be the ticket.

So the simple goal is get in as much running as I can that leads to improvement. That doesn't mean the maximum I can fit in. That will be a little less. So I'll take it a few days at a time, pay attention to intensity and recovery. Then see where that takes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive