Start

With the beginning of daylight savings come the beginning of my training. Scheduling a recovery day as the first of each of my 8-day weeks was a good move. It means that I actually do what is necessary to be ready for the truly hard stuff.

Today was my first hard training day. Up at 0500 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A dash of enthusiasm helps. Onto the mag-trainer and I showed my legs that I expected a lot more from them. They didn't exactly oblige.

Then out to work. Which I was happy to get back into. Unfortunately I'm stuck doing a stupid amount of overtime at the end. Meaning I miss the kids tonight and won't get in the weights session.



Comments

  1. Great time of year to start (except if you prefer some light in the early mornings). I'm scheduling more recovery days than usual for a while - after the 3rd then 4th training day, so: on, on, on, off, on, on, on, on, off, etc.

    The World Champs cycling would have been pretty inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive