Training Big

Alright, back into it. Time to train big, think big, dream big, eat big and rehabilitate big. I celebrated this new go big mentality with a massive track session of 2x1000m. After the lack of running recently, that hit the legs harder than is traditional for me. Not exactly the levels of training I tend to aspire to. Of course I have the hamstring injury to blame. With a bit of creativity I should be able to get nearly two years worth of excuses out of that.

Rather than big kilometres and huge intensity I have to take a different approach. Maybe I have to focus the on big picture instead. As appealing as having a pig head buried in the sand can be, forcing the kilometres up and ignoring current limitations may not be the best approach. So reality, wisdom the weakest link all combine to dictate the limits of my training.

The big picture includes running for life, but also more than that. Just running is not enough. I still want to improve. Run faster races, and run longer races. Essentially challenge and exceed what I have already achieved. Ironically, a 2x1000m on the track plays a significant role in that. So does time management and good diet. Both elements that I have let slip over the last two years.

Details are details, and I will soon bring them back into my blog, but at the moment I am enjoying the more generalised and mindful head space that currently has me training well again. Albeit, not at the physical capacity I prefer, but hopefully at the level that leads to proper improvement.

Comments

  1. Thought there might have been a typo there and you meant 12 x 1000m ;)
    Looking forward to seeing the small big pictures within the big picture of running for life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive