27 Hours Per Day

Again there's been a lack of posts lately. The reason is quite simply I'm struggling to fit everything into each day that I want. I've missed more training than I like, but looking back it's just how it is. Needs versus wants have been in competition. That doesn't mean run training has been poor, but the level of consistency I want hasn't been there. I haven't been able to hit those extras that really give confidence 4 weeks out from a big race. Instead I need to have more trust that the benefits of training will appear on race day without proving them with one or two breakthrough runs leading in. On the other hand I've put in some good solid runs that with them ticked off the list I know I can complete the distance. The question is how fast? How do I get the most out of the few weeks during the stupid season?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Report: Sandy Point Half Marathon

Surfcoast Century - Race Report

New Blog: Running Alive