Structuring No Structure
- Everything should feel easy
- If feeling good during a session, then stop before that feeling goes away
- If feeling not-so-good, then stop immediately
- Choose whatever I feel like doing as long as it fits with the above rules
- Maintain this until 14th April, then reassess
It is now the 14th. So looking back I filled the time without my running shoes. Instead there were a couple of swims, and the cycling has involved fiddling around with the setup on my bike. I know I haven't been happy with my position on my race bike, so this was the perfect opportunity to take the time to measure, analysis, adjust, repeat & repeat, without feeling like I was losing training time.
Now I am at the reassess stage. I feel mainly recovered. The problems from the racing have now been replaced with the heaviness & slowness that comes with taking a substantial recovery slab. I am at the start of a new 8-day-week. I have the Run For The Kids 14.3km race in three days. The plan will be, do what feels appropriate to kick start my body to be back firing for the race. Then focus with some easy cycling in the days after, aiming to get a bit of volume in. After that I should be completely back into the swing of regular training, and looking towards building to a Half Ironman triathlon later in the year.